Open Source Your Knowledge, Become a Contributor
Technology knowledge has to be shared and made accessible for free. Join the movement.
Primitive Variables are simple, single value variables used in computing. Think of them as shipping boxes to contain data. You need the right type of shipping box / container for different types of data.
Now, with Python, it's harder to see what type a variable is. Python does not require you to declare the type of variable when declaring Primitive variables (as opposed to objects).
- Strings / Arrays of Chars = "Hello World!" / "This is also a string" / Any group of characters contained in single ('') or double ("") quotes
- Chars / Characters = 'a', 'b', 'Z', '!' / Any single letter or character. Can be in single or double quotes (for Python, not necessarily other languages)
- Ints / Integers = 5 / 4 / 5,000,000 / any whole number
- Float / Floating Point = 10.0
- Bool / Boolean = True / False