Open Source Your Knowledge, Become a Contributor
Technology knowledge has to be shared and made accessible for free. Join the movement.
What's New In Python 3.6
This article explains the new features in Python 3.6, compared to 3.5. Python 3.6 was released on December 23, 2016. See the changelog for a full list of changes.
Summary - Release highlights
New syntax features:
- PEP 498 - formatted string literals.
- PEP 515 - underscores in numeric literals.
- PEP 526 - syntax for variable annotations.
- PEP 525 - asynchronous generators.
- PEP 530 - asynchronous comprehensions.
New library modules:
- PEP 506 - Adding A Secrets Module To The Standard Library.